WHO WE HELP
We support educational activities for young people (up to age 25) in Witney. This support was formerly only for people living or studying in Witney itself but the Charity Commission recently allowed us to extend our remit to include surrounding villages in the Witney Partnership of Schools (WPOS). So we now help 14 Primary, 2 Secondary and 1 Special schools as well as Abingdon & Witney College.
Of over £57,000 granted in 2018/19:
- £15,000 went to support children in our local Primary Schools
- £6,000 went to support students in our local Secondary Schools and A&W College
- £4,000 went to support WPOS curriculum development projects
- £10,500 went to Assisted Reading for Children (ARCh) on behalf of the primary schools.
- Other significant grants included:
- £3,000 to Injury Minimization Programme for Schools (IMPS) to teach children about first aid
- £6,000 to Synolos Training to help local young people into employment
- £2,000 to Witney Scouts
In addition, three £1,000 grants are made annually from the Isabelle Spencer bequest fund to the three most outstanding Creative Arts students to support their transition from local schools or college to university.
In 2019/2020, grants totalling £69,000 were paid to a similar spread of beneficiaries. In 2020/2021 the total of grants was £33,000 and in 2021/2022 an amount of £41,000 was distributed.
SCHOOLS WE HAVE SUPPORTED
- Aston and Cote Primary School website
- The Batt C of E Primary School website
- The Blake CE Aided Primary School website
- Ducklington Primary School website
- Finstock Primary School website
- Hailey CE Primary School website
- The Henry Box School website
- The King's School website
- Madley Brook CP School website
- North Leigh Primary School website
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School website
- Queen Emma's Primary School website
- St Mary's Infant School
- Springfield School website
- Tower Hill CP School website
- West Witney Primary School website
- Witney Community Primary School website
- Wood Green School website